About Eat Better South Africa:
Eat Better South Africa is a community-based non-profit organization working to improve the nutritional education of local community members in South Africa, through advocacy, activism, and the implementation of nutrition education programmes that empowers community members to improve their health by making the best dietary choices available to them.
Our mission is to educate community members about the dangers of excessive sugar and refined carbohydrate consumption and to teach them how to make better food choices through information sharing, nutritional education, meal and budget planning, and general nutritional awareness.
Eat Better South Africa aims to achieve this by educating people about the direct link between food and health, while equipping them with the necessary knowledge, on how to live, and eat better by reducing the overconsumption of sugar, refined carbohydrates, processed, and other seed oils, ultra-processed ‘junk’ foods and encourage the consumption of affordable sources of vegetables, fish, meats, some fruit, legumes, and healthier fats.
Eat Better South Africa is looking to appoint a part-time clinic-based community coach to run and support our programmes in the Dunoon Community.
- Liaise with key community stakeholders
- Recruit participants for Eat Better South Africa programmes
- Prepare, plan, and facilitates group sessions in Dunoon
- Attend events, and team meetings as needed
- Ad-hoc Administrative tasks as needed
- Reside in Dunoon, Cape Town
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Passion for health & nutrition
- Must be able to take responsibility and take initiative
- Willing to undergo training & coaching
- Basic computer skills and access to a computer and/or Smartphone.
- Background in healthcare training is advantageous
Term: 1-year contract – Part-time 2 days a week.
To apply: Please send your cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, all documents must be in PDF format.