The Noakes Foundation is seeking to appoint a Researcher to assist with research projects in the areas of nutrition and academic freedom of speech. The ideal candidate will have a background in public health, biology, physiology, etc and thorough knowledge of research methodology, data collection, analysis and interpretation, as well as an interest in improving public health through evidence-based interventions.
- Assist with planning and executing research studies, including recruitment of study participants, data collection, and data analysis.
- Conduct literature reviews and synthesize findings to inform research projects.
- Manage research databases and maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Assist with the preparation of research reports, presentations, and manuscripts for publication.
- Identify new research projects and funding opportunities.
- Contribute to grant proposals and fundraising efforts.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and third-party service providers.
- Participate in meetings with collaborators and present research findings.
- Other ad-hoc research-related tasks.
- Honour’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as nutrition, biology, or public health.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of research experience, preferably in a related field.
- Knowledge of different research methodologies.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced research environment.
- Passion for improving public health through evidence-based interventions.
Role start date: May 2023
Place of work: Cape Town: Office & remotely
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.