Eat Better South Africa (EBSA), is recruiting a Programme Manager to lead its program for the coming year.
About the organisation:
EBSA is the community outreach branch of The Noakes Foundation and is a movement aimed at educating South Africans to eat better.
EBSA’s mission is to educate under-resourced community members about the dangers of excessive sugar and refined carbohydrate consumption and to teach them how to make better food choices through dietary education, meal and budget planning, and general nutritional awareness.
- Working closely with multiple research partners, board members and team members. The programme manager will:
- Assess current activities, come up with new strategies, projects and ideas as well as enhancing the current activities.
- Finalise the plan for the year, budget and deliver a solid research, educational and awareness programme.
- Initiate fundraising proposals and secure future funding for the programme.
- Five or more years of experience independently running NGO or governmental programmes, ideally in the food systems or healthcare sector.
- A solid existing network of contacts in this area.
- Robust, demonstrable experience in running programmes and demonstrating their effectiveness through reporting, feedback loops etc.
- Relevant qualification and/or postgraduate qualification in this sector (development/education/nutrition/medical/marketing).
Role: This is a full time one-year contract role with the option to renew subject to secured funding. The accepted candidate is required to start as soon as possible.
Salary: Up to R25,000 CTC per month
Reports to: Foundation COO and board members
Please send your cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about The Noakes Foundation & Eat Better South Africa visit our website here: www.thenoakesfoundation.org